Finally home

The final leg of my flight plan was from San Francisco to Vancouver, B.C. As I found out when I checked in at the beginning of my journey in Melbourne, this last leg, while labeled a United Airlines flight on my itinerary was actually operated by Air Canada. Unfortunately, this meant that United was not able to make my seat assignment, that had to be done when I arrived in San Francisco. So yeah, I ended up in the middle seat, second to the last row :0)

The flight was full so they strictly enforced the baggage size limits which meant my "checked" luggage was now actually getting checked - this was the one flight I would have actually wanted to carry it on so I could get out of the Vancouver Airport quickly.

I was quite hungry now since there had been no time between flights to grab a bite and the last food the airline had given me was at 4:00a on my flight in from Melbourne. But it was my luck, and because I was sitting in the back of the plane that there was very little available to me when the food cart found it way to me - fitting.

I arrived in Vancouver, made it through Canadian customs with little trouble - they were better organized here than in LA. Using the airport free WiFi I was able to connect with Becky via messenger. She was at the car waiting and we were soon reunited.

After that, we had an easy drive home with no trouble at the US boarder.

We did make a short stop in Ferndale, WA, for coffee and quick nibble of food and at 7:00p we arrived at home after traveling for 32 hours.

Home sweet home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Score!