28L

Goodbye to Melbourne, after a brief delay we were finally in the air.

I ended up in the same seat I flew over in, lucky 28L. It's a window seat, which I like on flights that I'll be sleeping on. Having a window seat allows me to lean against the window while I'm sleeping (or trying to). Unless you are in business
class or first class, the seats don't really recline much so your head will bob forward when you fall asleep - it's painful to watch people trying to sleep like that.

The return trip from Melbourne to LA was a little harder than the reverse for me. The trip starts in the morning so people are awake and talking, the reading lights are on and the video screens are lit with shows. All of this plus that fact that is was during the day rather then at night made it was harder for me to sleep.

Several episodes of M*A*S*H and a movie later we still had 8 hours to go - geeze this was a long flight.

Eventually, we approached the US coast line north of LA and - flying backwards in time - the morning dawned to revel a cloud covered coast which would lead to flight delays for me the rest of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Score!