Making landfall

The sun has been chasing us all night and it finally caught up as we made landfall just south of Sydney. Quite a relief to be able to see something out the window, especially land!

I was just able to make out the coast line as we crossed onto Australia. Soon after the view turned to cloud cover below - obscuring the land - an appropriate welcome to me coming from the Pacific Northwest.

7:30a (Melbourne time and Saturday morning)
Good morning Melbourne! The clouds are clearing out as we make our final approach. It is a beautiful winter day in Melbourne (54 degrees) and I am definitely ready to get off this plane.

Jen was nice enough to bring Becky to the airport and pick me up for the final segment of my journey. Traffic is light because everyone is on summer break so it was a short drive to the house in Forest Hill.

A bit different for me to be a passenger on the left side of the car but as long as everyone else is going the same direction all is well.

9:30a Sat. (4:30p on Friday in WA)
And I finally arrived - 33.5 hours door to door. But it was worth it, mission accomplished!

Grandpa meets Cooper!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Score!