In the beginning

It's 7:00a and I'm at the beginning of my 30+ hour journey. 

Why is it that as soon as I get in the car I remember the things I wasn't supposed to forget? So ten minutes into my "early" start, I'm turning around to get my tablet - geeze.

And so the fun begins.

10:00a
I made it through the Candian boarder without incident - yes I had my passport!

And finding the JetSet parking was easy because I downloaded the map for that area from google maps in advance. I put my phone in to Airplane mode at the border so I did not get any International charges but Google maps kept working and directed me right to the lot.

 12:00p
As I'm sitting in the Vancouver airport writing this, I'm reflecting on the value of my economy ticket. I'm not allowed to carry on a full-sized bag but I did get the opportunity to go through both Canadian and US customs since I'm stopping in the US on my way to Australia - that was special.

Right now, over the intercom, they are saying that there won't be enough room to accommodate all the carry on luggage so they want volunteers to have their bags checked - I guess I was spared that experience since I wasn't allowed to have a carry on any how. Not thrilled with United Airlines this morning but hey, they still have another 25 hours to impress me.

4:00p
I am sitting comfortably in the San Francisco Airport which has great free WiFi so I was able to get this posted. Just hanging out, charging my electronics, and waiting for my delayed flight to LAX.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Score!